Recently, I had a vacation to the Maldives with my family. It is an amazing country for a vacation and you should visit the place with your family; you can also plan your Honeymoon Trip there.
Image Source: My Mobile Camera Gallery
Now, when it comes to the family then it is always the best thing to do and the best way to be prepared.
Now, for the first we should care about is the Visa. So, in the Maldives, the Visa is on Arrival but you still have a checklist to follow.
Below are the checklist points you should be prepared for before you travel to the Maldives.
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity should be there and please ensure no watermark is there in your passport and Barcode is scannable i.e. it should have Machine Readable Zone (MRZ).
- A passport size color photo(generally any Visa photo face should be 80% visible), actually earlier it was a requirement but nowadays they don’t ask for a photo rather they capture your photo through a webcam.
- Filled tourist form(will be given just before landing at the airport or upon landing at the airport), this form will not only be a Visa form it is also a customs declaration form.
- Hotel or Resort booking. In absence of that, you need to ensure that you have enough funds to cover the expenses for the duration of the stay in the Maldives. (100US$ for Hotel+ 50US$ dollars for Food per day per person, so if you are 2 people staying for 3 days then you should be able to show 900 US$ fund)
- Insurance is the basic requirement of any International travel to ensure your health, accidental and luggage cover. So that you do not face challenges in a foreign country. I have purchased it from the online travel portal from where I bought the flight tickets as they are comparatively cheap is what I experienced as they are group policy but you can buy it individually as well.
- Return and onward ticket, but obviously, you had an onward ticket that is the reason you are in front of the Maldivian Immigration officer.
Upon the successful presentation of these documents, you are eligible for 30 days tourist visa without any cost but the full thirty-day visa is not a right of the passenger to claim but lies at the discretion of the Immigration to issue not more than thirty days and any period less than thirty days.
Remember there are rare but Refusal of Entry.
Any person arriving in the Maldives may be refused entry if the Immigration officer during questioning or interviewing the passenger.
- Have reasonable grounds (not necessarily solid proof) that the person is carrying fraudulent travel documents.
- Suspects the apparent intention to the possible disruption of harmony and unlawful activities.
- Has strong anti-semantic religious or political views.
- Also, if you do not comply with the customs rules. The major custom rules to be followed are below:
- Should not bring any Idol of any religion.
- Should not bring any Anti-Muslim religion product.
- They should not carry any pornographic material.
Few more images for your reference that how the beautiful Maldives is and why you should visit with your family.
Again Image Source: My Mobile Camera Gallery.
I hope this helps you guys. If you like it then do not forget to hit the like button and share it with your friends and family.
All the best guys.