If you have only a weekend in San Francisco to travel and need budget travel then go for Big Bus two day trip ticket. Big Bus is having many options but I would suggest going for a 2-day trip and online ticket booking to save some extra dollars.
This two-day trip ticket will cost you 75 US$ for Adult and 60 US$ for Child, but if buy it from Online then you will get it in 68 US$ and 54 US$ respectively.
This two-day trip will include below:
- 2 Day hops on, hop off in San Francisco City.
- Free Walking Tours – 4 Option available, you can choose any or all.
- Night Tour – You can have San Francisco Night Tour which is an awesome experience
- Sausalito Tour.
- Free Bike Rental – but the catch is, if you buy for an hour then you will get another hour free.
The San Francisco Big Bus is having three routes
- Red Route – This is the San Francisco City Tour.
- Blue Route – This is actually the Night tour of the San Francisco City.
- Green Route – This is nothing but the Sausalito Tour.
The Red Route – Hop on Hop Off Tour
The tour starts at 9 AM from Stop#1 San Francisco Visitor Center known as Union Square(There are Busses in every 15-20 minutes) and if you want to reach there BART is a good option. Get down at Powell Street Station of BART and walk for 150-200 mtr. and you will reach Union Square and opposite to Macy the Big Bus and City Bus Stops. Below are the Big Bus Stops:
- San Francisco Visitor Center
- Holiday Inn Fisherman’s Wharf
- Washington Square / North Beach
- Embarcadero Center
- Ferry Building
- Union Square South
- Hilton Hotel
- Civic Center
- Alamo Square
- Haight Ashbury
- Golden Gate(Monday to Saturday Only)
- North Vista Point/ Golden Gate Bridge
- Palace of Fine Arts
- Marina / Cow Hollow
- Lombard Street
- Union Square North
- Chinatown Gate
- Portsmouth Square / Chinatown
- Pier 35 / Cruise Terminal
- Pier 39 Fisherman’s Wharf
Major attractions as per me:
- Golden Gate
- Chinatown Market
- Union Square
- Madam Tusso Wax Museum
- Pier 39
The Blue Route – Night Tour
AFAIK, The tour starts at 6:30 PM followed by 7 & 7:30 PM from Stop#1 San Francisco Visitor Center / Stop#20 Pier 39. The tour takes you through the San Francisco City but remember this is not a Hop on, Hop off but this is a guided tour and if you get a good guide then this will give you nice fun and joy. Also, the beauty of this tour is, having a glass of wine or pint of beer at the seashore and feeling the chilled wind and experience the awesome Sunset.
The Green Route – Hop on Hop Off Sausalito Tour
Guys, if you do not travel to Sausalito then you will miss one of the nicest Harbor in the US along with a great view of Sea. Also, you can enjoy amazing fish dishes in Sausalito like you would have enjoyed in Pier 39.
Another amazing part of this tour is, while returning you will get an option to get down in one part of the Golden Gate Bridge and you can take a walk through the Golden Gate and reach the other side of the bridge, which is another amazing experience.
I wanted to keep it short and crisp, and hence not wrote a very long blog but in case you need any further information, you can always mail me.